Top 5 FinTech trends in 2022
Digital Transformation in Financial Services
We’ve been looking at the top tech trends in the finance industry, that will drive digital transformation in the near future. Keep reading to discover our top FinTech trends to watch out for.
1. Operations will be automated, and finance will focus on Business Intelligence and service.
The potential of BI (business intelligence) technology is Data on Demand, which helps organizations to identify value drivers alongside growth opportunities and monitor financial/non-financial KPIs. In 2022, BI solutions will make real-time data handling fast and to the point. Growth optimization will occur across multiple dimensions of the financial organization. Financial organizations will have solid proof for future go-to-market strategies and better overall financial services.
2. Digital + mobile banking will be normal.
The future of finance is digital and mobile-centric. Increased consumer demand for digital banking services has given rise to numerous technological advancements within financial institutions—with artificial intelligence (AI) at the core of these digital transformations. The rise of banking-as-a-service (BaaS) also increases digital services, as more legacy banks are opening up their application programming interfaces (APIs) for fintech and third-party app development. Digital and mobile banking will continue to grow in popularity, with activities ranging from budget queries to report production. Eventually, smart agents will learn what kinds of business information an individual needs and deliver that information proactively. Over time, data in spreadsheets will be replaced by visually rich information that is accessible and easy to use.
3. Blockchain and crypto
If you’ve been following crypto trends, you’ll have observed the development of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs), the rise of DeFis, and the valuations of NFT assets. According to Forbes, 2022 will see the following trends emerge:
- Greater demand for blockchain and crypto skills: The rising popularity of cryptocurrencies, the growing prominence of blockchain, and the potential for growth in the blockchain industry all contribute to a higher demand for people's blockchain and crypto skills.
- Governments will embrace blockchain technology: Blockchain technology can allow governments to conduct their business more effectively. As they continue to recognize the potential of blockchain technology regarding efficiency and public trust, governments will take advantage of its many benefits.
- Green blockchain: Blockchains are often subject to criticism due to the colossal energy demands. Throughout 2022, we will see big efforts to make blockchain technology greener.
- More countries will embrace cryptocurrencies as a legal tender: cryptocurrencies will be controlled by central banks rather than adopting popular decentralized coins. Many of these initiatives feature a digital currency that would work with the country’s fiat money.
4. Artificial intelligence and Machine learning
The implementation of Artificial Intelligence will become an increasingly vital business function in 2022, with hyper-automation leading the way. Essentially, this means that any repetitive task without the need for human supervision should be built into an automated process. Within a finance context, the following AI and ML trends are set to emerge:
- Conversational AI enhances client engagement: With an estimated 3,150% growth rate in terms of successful chatbot interactions between 2019 and 2023, it’s clear that chatbots will continue to impact how business communication is conducted. Conversational AI will transform chatbots into extremely useful tools to help consumers.
- Influence of the metaverse (Web 3.0): The metaverse is still ambiguous, but there are some things that FinTech firms should look out for. Within the Metaverse, Crypto, NFTs, and digital tokens are growing exponentially.
Capturing the full value of digital transformation requires hard work to align and integrate data. In 2022, automation will make it easier to get the work done, but data problems will still be hard and tedious. Commas, abbreviations, data-entry fields, nomenclature, and hundreds of similar factors will slow down progress. This will require heavy lifting from COFs to fulfill complex requests.
Embracing the Future of Finance
While it is promising to see CFOs embrace new technologies and digital transformation, remember that successful digital transformation is achieved by finding the right solutions for your company's needs. High user adoption is the most important measure of success when implementing FinTech solutions. This creates a culture of change towards digital transformation and avoiding change management later down the line. Successful FinTech sourcing requires agility and collaboration to find solutions that will drive digital transformation. This isn’t a one-and-done concept. We want to help you ensure that all your tech is working together for all your stakeholders, driving the business forward. Olive lets you find the right solutions in collaboration with key stakeholders and vendors in one app and less time than a traditional RFP.
Source the right FinTech in less time, with Olive. Talk to us to find out how!